Grímsey Island Adventure
Book your daytour to Grímsey Island here! Get the opportunity to cross the Arctic Circle, see whales and encounter puffins – all in one tour.
We depart from Húsavík harbour in the morning. Upon arrival to Grímsey Island you will get a guided tour, including bird watching. Afterwards, to top your stay, you will be served a fully loaded lunch while melting the experience and impressions. Every passenger gets a certificate after crossing the Arctic Circle. On our way back we do some whale- and puffin watching in Skjálfandi Bay.
Duration: approximately 6 – 8 hours (depending on sea conditions)
Season: May 1st – August 20th (Tuesdays and Saturdays. Departure from Húsavík at 09:00 am)
- a specialized guide and experienced captain
- warm overalls
- a guided tour and lunch on Grímsey Island
- certificate for crossing the Arctic Circle
What do I need to bring?
- We offer warm extra clothing on board our boats
- We still highly recommend that passengers bring their own warm and waterproof clothes, footwear and protective bags for cameras, as it can be cold and wet out at sea